Thursday, July 23, 2009

New record

So, I'm pretty serious about my grocery shopping. Once we had kids and decided it was crazy to spend a lot of money going out to eat, I figured I should do my best to buy groceries and plan meals. Every Sunday afternoon, I sit down with the ad from Publix and my coupons. I make a very detailed list and plan out our meals for the week. I always try to save as much as possible. In February I came home with $132.59 worth of groceries for the week (including diapers and wipes) but thanks to sales and coupons only spent $85.95. That's a savings of $46.64 (35%). I was so excited that I stuck the receipt to the frig to remind me to try to beat it.

Well, this past week I beat it. I came home with $157.18 worth of groceries for $97.30. That's a savings of $59.88! (38%) Now I can finally replace the receipt from February. I love when all the stars align and what I need is on sale AND Ihave a coupon!

2 comments:

Linda said...

This seriously makes me happy. Coupons are one of my favorite things - and I'm obsessed with savings, doubling, etc. When I shop, I stock up so that it LOOKS like I have 3 kids at home...Rock on with your savings self!!!!

Maquel said...

Nice job Amy!! I also love coupons and saving money...I used almost $20 in coupons once, but I didn't calculate the savings with the flyer sales....that's something new I can try!!