Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Day at the Lake












So let me first say that I was expecting Maine to be a nice break from the Florida summer heat. A few days before we left I was told the highs were in the low 70's. I thought to myself "NICE!!" Alas, it was not meant to be. The day we arrived, a heat did too. It was mid to high 90's the whole week we were there!! How does it get that hot in Maine?!? Of course that is what we are used to in FL, however, almost no one has air conditioning in Maine. Why would they? It doesn't usually get that hot.

So on our second day, we headed to the lake. I can't remember the name of it but that doesn't matter. What does matter is that it was beautiful!! There was a little beach area where the girls swam with Grammie and Mamaw while Adam, his dad, cousin and I rode Sea Doos. Riding at 60mph and taking in the scenery of tree lined shores with cabins all nestled in them was awesome. Adam and I took turns driving one until he flipped us over trying to see how sharp he could turn back and forth. The cold water was a bit of shock as I went under but I took comfort in knowing that I didn't have to worry about alligators.

No comments: