Friday, November 21, 2008

In need of a new princess nightgown....

It's been pretty cold here in Florida this week. We've been seeing highs in the 60's and lows in the 30's and 40's. Now I know those of you who live in the arctic circle think that might be a heat wave but us Floridians are not accustomed this this type of cold. We don't usually see numbers that low until at least January or February and not for more than a day or two. I've even had to turn the heat on in the house the last couple of nights. I'm not sure what is going on but it certainly isn't global warming!
Anyway, back to the point of this picture. Avery sleeps in this princess nightgown almost every night. She even insists on sleeping in it when it is too cold to wear it so I made her wear warm pajama pants and long sleeves underneath. She loves it because of all the dresses she owns, this one twirls the most. The problem, however, is that it is falling apart. The straps are literally hanging on by a thread. The tulle on the dress looks like it was attacked by a kitten with sharp claws (Swishy, maybe?). I have tried to find a new princess dress that would twirl in a similar fashion and have the lacy tulle on it but have had no luck. If any of you come across one, it would be a wonderful Christmas present. (Hint. Hint.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think I know where I got the first one....maybe I'll have to go look there again...(I got your hint!!!) And maybe I won't even wait for Xmas...I still have Paige's birthday gift all wrapped and in the box, just needs to be sealed and sent!! Maybe I'll slide something in there for a certain Princess!!

Anonymous said...

And how did Swishy get to Florida?? I didn't even know she was missing!!

Amy said...

Yeah! I have a feeling she will now get several of them which is great because then it won't be so tragic when I have to wash one.