Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

What a great weekend we had! First of all, I had an especially long weekend since I also took Thursday and Friday off work. I just had a million things to do around the house Thursday and then was headed to Jacksonville on Friday. My sister, Christina wanted to have a yard sale and asked me to help. I, of course, love yard sales and was happy to contribute. However, with all the rain we have had we were not sure if we could even still have the yard sale but I hauled all my stuff up to her house anyway just in case. We spent Friday night getting everything ready while the rain poured down. Saturday morning we thankfully woke up to somewhat blue skies. We sold a lot of stuff all morning until about 10:00am when it started to rain and we had to call it a day. Still a very successful sale and Avery and Paige had so much fun with their cousins. Sunday afternoon we were back at home and spent some quality time at the park (until it rained, of course).
We were invited to two Memorial Day picnics on Monday. The first one was at my friend, Jenn's house and we enjoyed some BBQ, swimming and street luge. Yes, that is Adam riding a homemade street luge down the street.


Next we were off to our friends Aaron and Amy's house for another BBQ. We had a great time there as well and enjoyed the company of some very good friends. And of course no Memorial Day picnic is complete without a balloon toss game!
It was a fantastic and busy weekend that we all could have used another day off from just to recover!

No comments: